Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director administers and implements the overall objective and policies of the agency. Responsibilities include planning and program development, fiscal management, personnel management and public relations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Program Development
- Develop and implement the strategic plan, establishing and achieving measurable goals and objectives
- Advance the mission and vision of the organization
- Implements authorized policies, procedures and programs in accordance with stated goals
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and ensure that the members are kept informed of the current condition of the agency and alerted to problems and weaknesses as necessary
- Prepare and implement program plans based on goals set by the Board of Directors.
- Manage the development and monitoring of the annual budget, long range fiscal projections, annual audit and compliance with the terms of all grants and contracts
- Oversee fiscal systems and assures proper record keeping of financial transactions, adherence to sound fiscal policies and effective accountability
- Prepare federal, state, municipal and private foundation proposals and grant applications
- Responsible for monitoring all grants and funding sources; solicit and manage contracts for services, including insurance, health/dental coverage, 401K, ensures agency adherence to bidding and procurement procedures
- Evaluate the organizations monthly financial reports
- Oversee the management of all employees, which includes all aspects of staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations and employee development
- Maintain a healthy organizational culture and atmosphere in which all staff are connected to the organization’s mission, vision and values as well as engenders a work climate which attracts, keeps and motivates quality professionals
- Establishes an effective management team to implement plans.
- Serve as agency public relations chief spokesperson ensuring that it is at all times properly represented to the public, the media, government, funding sources and community agencies
- Prepares reports for the community and press releases which reflects organization mission and goals
Skills and Abilities Required
- Eight or more years of progressive experience in management at an administrative professional level with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role; experience in the field of education is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with leadership of programs and personnel management
- Previous experience in written communications, policy analysis, media work and organizational leadership
- Strong team building experience
- Supervisory skills to direct the activities of the staff
- The ability to effectively manage stressful situations and to mediate conflicts.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with related experience; master’s degree in a related degree preferred
- Bilingual preferred
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until October 19, 2018.